Monday, November 26, 2007

Carrots

Rev 2:7 To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
Persevere in the faith of the first love, and you will have eternal life.

Rev 2:11 He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.
Keep hold of the faith that keeps trusting God when suffering comes, and death itself will have no sting for you.

Rev 2:17 To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.
Persist in refusing to go with the crowd, and you will be sustained and owned by your Father.

Rev 2:26 To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations-
Resist corrupt leadership's pull toward corruption and stand steadfast and you will be leaders in the coming age.

Rev 3:4-5. 5 He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
Keep on walking in a more and more holy fashion and you will live and be accepted.

Rev 3:122 Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.
Keep on claiming Christ as your Saviour, and even though you're weak, I will protect you, own you, and give you a permanent home.

Rev 3:211 To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.
Continue in the good works that I've laid out for you, and you will sit down at last to rest in a place of honor.

Rev 21:7-8He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

A shining new earth with a glorious ruler will be the reward of those who stay the course to the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I frequently wish that I could look forward to eternity with God with the same excitement I would look forward to an Earthly vacation. But I've experienced vacations here, and I haven't experienced heaven, so it's hard. One of many human limitations God wants us to rise above!

eleventh hour said...

I think our destination may bear more resemblance to that vacation than the notion we often have of "heaven." "Heaven" is never once used in scripture as our destination--only as the place where God dwells or the stars. The apostles invariably looked forward to sharing a destiny with Christ: physical resurrection, and the messianic rule that some expected at his first advent that will be literally fulfilled at his second. When you look into the Bible, it is surprising that the church has the tradition of "dying and going to heaven" that it does. Certainly to be dead is to be with God, but that is never held up as the final state of the saints.